Is it ok if your SO comes straight home after work and takes a nap?

My husband comes home almost everyday and wants an hour nap. He doesn get home til 4. It makes me feel crappy that he doesnt want to come home and spend time with us. I'm a stay at home mom, and I look forward to my hubby comming home to have some adult companionship after being home all day with the kids. What do you think??

2CuteBoys315

Asked by 2CuteBoys315 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I would wake his a@# up. And tell him it's your shift with the kids.

And get your coat , purse and car keys and leave the house. For a couple hours.

He can't wait tell 9 or10 pm to go to sleep.

Answer by louise2 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• maaybe he just needs time to whined down after work and get out of the work mind set
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 2:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have mixed feelings, sometimes i'm okay with it other times i'm not. my hubby doesn't really do this though but sometimes he does and it just depends on my mood. its like i understand he's tired from working outside all day in the cold, yet i want to be selfish and have him all to myself! I see both sides. =] maybe try bribing him.. you stay awake... i'll give you something later ;o) i don't really know what your asking though so i'm leaving it at that!! :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If he gets home at 4:00, that must mean he gets up pretty early in the morning. Let him get an hour nap! He's tired! Then he can spend some more quality time, instead of being a zombie. I am exhausted all the time, working full time. I've been tempted to lay my head down on my desk at work!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Mine works all day and if he wants to come home and take a nap Im fine with that. He has been working after all. I understand wanting adult companionship but take into consideration hes been at work himself.

Answer by gemgem at 2:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Sure he could. He works his butt of and gets up very early.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• He needs the down time. Let him have his nap. It may be what keeps him from being irritable or even burning out. Be sweet about his time alone, and you'll be helping him tremendously. For the children, you could even call the time Daddy's quiet time, and they should understand that only quiet reading or quiet games are allowed then, no noise. Then when Dad gets up he can be the star of the show.

Answer by Bmat at 2:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My SO does this but he has a really physically demanding job. What I do, is put on the (albeit rare) movie for the kids and go join him for a nap. We snuggle together and sometimes that's even better than talking!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I used to get annoyed at DH for doing this, partly for my own selfish reasons like: ugh, I've been at home with the kids ALL day thank God you're here lets talk! Wait! Where are you going nooOOO! But I've relaxed a lot more since then, I let him nap whenever he's tired and when he wakes up I get an even sweeter husband AND an open awake ear to listen to me and talk as well.
    Anonymous

• I see how you feel- I'd be the same. But like others said, he obviously needs the recharge- so let him sleep!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2008