I need ideas for a 5th grade holiday party? Any games or such

4kids1970

Asked by 4kids1970 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Maybe making ornaments?

Answer by gemgem at 2:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Gift exchange - do a certain dollar limit - and have them bring them wrapped. Then have each gender sit in a circle, play music, and then whoever has the gift when the music is stopped gets to keep that gift (unless it's the one they brought of course.) and you keep doing this until all the presents have been given out.

Cookie decorating

A game where people have to come up with Christmas lines, put them in a hat, then pull one out and guess which Christmas show or movie it's from. Last one left gets a prize.

Christmas Scavenger hunt?

Anonymous

• I was the room mother for my daughter's 5th grade class. I made a Holiday Bingo Game and the kids loved it. I had little candy prizes for them. They decorated cookies and had a great time. One of the best times they had was when I split them up into two teams and played balloon volleyball. I am sure it will be fun whatever you decide.
    sneffy014

Answer by sneffy014 at 7:49 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Thanks Guys!!!!!!!
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 8:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Do a little research on different holidays that fall in or near December for different cultures and religions. Have a trivia quiz using some of the facts that you found with a roughly equal amount for each holiday. Don't be afraid to use some less common holidays (like Kwanzaa) or ask random things (such as what days are the 12 days of Christmas; the answer is Dec 25 - Jan 6). Try to make the questions age appropriate.

Of course, give a prize for those who get the most right.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2008