Is anyone else having issues with their local OB/GYN

I went to the hospital with stomach pains and found out I am pregnant. The OB in the ER told me I had a tubular in my right tube and tried to force me into surgery with out a second ultrasound or additional testing. I refused because I lost a baby and my right side in October of last year in a surgery to save my life from a real tubular pregnancy so I know the OB was lying to me... after being held hostage by the hospital and OB I found out that if I would have allowed the OB to chop me up he would have killed my baby by ending my healthy pregnancy. I have tried to see the only other OB in the area but they share an office and ignore my refusal to see that baby killing OB. What can I do? I feel like not getting care and having my baby at home when the time comes but I am extremely high risk with my pregnancies. So I am in a pickle and lost for what to do!

Mommy_Aiken

Asked by Mommy_Aiken at 1:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you didn't get a second ultrasound, how do you know the pregnancy is healthy?

I've had an ectopic too, and it's scary. is there another town nearby?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Are there any midwifes in town? Or a town nearby??
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Sounds like your choice is to go out of town. We are down to one OB at the hospital that is a mile down the road from me, and I can't stand him, so we went to a hospital an hour away where my normal OB moved to. The drive sucked, but to me it was worth it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have had at least 4 since my honorable experience.... it's just that OB refused it during my er visit when the OB told me that the baby was somewhere that did not exist... he might as we have told me my baby was growing in my non existing penis and according to him I'm already dead as he said I was going to die that night if he did not chop me and my baby up.

My small town serves all the other near by towns... there is only an issue because my wonderful old OB retired recently after my Oct. Ectopic Pregnancy. He saved me the last time... saved this baby this time after the hospital was forced to call him in (he now works for the hospital and not as an OB)
    Mommy_Aiken

Comment by Mommy_Aiken (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Have you considered using midwives?

They will go over your health history and see if you "risk-out" with them.

The kind of care is very different, worth considering!!
    ;-)

Best wishes!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Do you have any "Family Practitioners" in the area? They may be willing to follow your pregnancy.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• where do you live? this is serious... and also nerve racking
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 3:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Bennington, VT the Dr. is the only Male in town.. if any of you are around here I suggest avoiding him and refuse his care.
    Mommy_Aiken

Comment by Mommy_Aiken (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011