At what age did your children start shampooing thier own hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• My little girl is two and I have her wash and shampoo herself of course I still help but I like her to begin to get that independence now. But our two older ones where about four before completely by themselves.
    kristenfields86

Answer by kristenfields86 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• 5. We started out with tear-free and now he is 7. He wants his hair long so I taught him how to use conditioner too and he does it by himself.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• DS is 2 and has been doing it for about 2 months now. I just make sure he gets all his hair soapy and rinsed.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 2:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My son at about 5, but he';s kinda lazy and will only do things if we make him. My daughter is 4 and REFUSES to let anyone help her, even though her hair is halfway down her back and she can't quite get it all, yet.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• my oldest is 4 and a half and just started doing it herself. she does everything in the shower i just put the shampoo in her hair and put the body wash on her pouf. then of course i supervise to make sure she washes everything properly and gets all the soap out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Hmmmm I don't let my 6 year old do it yet. Never mind my 5 and 3 year old. We have a hard time with the long hair and tangles and I can only imagine if they did it themselves.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• 5
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• about 5-6 with supervision yet of course
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2011