Do You or DH/SO mow the lawn? Push mower or Riding mower?

At our home, I mow the lawn 90% of the time because DH's not home much. It would be up to our knees if I waited until he could do it. It's kind of become my job and I enjoy it. Don't ask me why, lol....other women think I'm nuts because I like to mow. surprise miniI think it has to do with the way it looks when I'm finished....I like a manicured look not a sloppy job like my dd does. It looks like a drunk mowed the lawn. Clumps left here and there in the middle etc....big smile mini

The first year we got a push mower that was 'self-propelled'. I didn't know there was such a thing as a push mower with a gas peddle for your hand(basically). I loved this concept. Wow...I just walked behind and guided. "Cool" I said.

Third year, DH got us a riding mower. Now, I enjoy mowing the lawn even more. I sip my Iced Tea, daydream and steer and before I know it, I'm done. I mean....how good can it get?big smile mini

Just wondering how many other ladies out there get stuck with outside duties but don't mind doing them. Or do mind doing them.

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 1:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We trade back and forth. Our rider is broke so we have been push mowing. He does half then I do half because we have a huge lawn.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 2:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• That's sweet and considerate of you both and it gets done! :-)
    KellyGirl_TX

Comment by KellyGirl_TX (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• DHmows the lawn,on riding mower,am not much for outdoor chores,hard enough to handle indoor chores between kids,and pets.
    houndlover

Answer by houndlover at 2:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Well, now we have some people come in and do our lawn for us. Dh is never home and I get bad heat headaches. Plus, even though we have about six lawn mowers AND my husband used to repair lawn mowers for Sears, not a single lawn mower works right now.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Push
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Push
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I love working in the yard. We use a riding mower for most of it. We trim with the push. My mom has one of those "blade" mowers with no motor. Pretty cool. You can get them at Lowe's for a little over $100.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Neither one of us does it. There is a company that takes care of the entire base.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I mostly do the work. We have both a push and a rider. but if one isn't working of course we have to use the other. he will offer to do the yard but he doesn't do it as well as i do. i love the smell of fresh cut grass :)
    Michelle_kate

Answer by Michelle_kate at 4:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2011