Bed wetting problem?

My oldest daughter has been wetting the bed for the last 3 years now. :( She will be 6 at the end of summer and as you could imagine, this is am extremely frustrating problem for us. She wets at the least twice a week and it can be as often every day some weeks. I just don't know anymore. .......has anyone else had this issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Personally, I wet the bed until I was about 10 years old. Some kids just have a smaller bladder and have to go more often than others. Seriously I went to the bathroom around every hour or 2 and I still do. I think that she will be fine. Some suggestion....make sure she does not drink anything a few hours before bed and that she goes potty right before you put her to bed. You could one of those plastic bed covers over her mattress if you havent done that already, it will protect the mattress. It could be as simple as she hasnt learned to wake herself up when she has the urge to go potty. You can always ask her doctor for suggestion too.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have a ten year old still wetting the bed. I took her to the Dr. they determined it was because she was such a heavy sleeper, that she couldn't wake up to go. I have tried waking her up half way through the night, meds and other things. She still does it. He said she will eventually grow out of it, still waiting. Haha.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My son did it until he was 14. I know what you are going through. You have to wait until she grows out of it.
    Anonymous