OK, we just got one a month ago. We've been gone for 2.5 weeks out of the time we have had him. Well we just found out yesterday through allergy testing that our son is allergic and badly so we had to get rid of him. Well luuckily we found someone last night to take him, an old elementary school friend of mine. She messaged me today though asking me about white bugs she saw on him. I didn't see them yesterday at all, I don't know how I missed that and I feel terrible! Well I did some research and it looks liks it could be guine pig lice (lynx). My question: how did he get this? Is it possible he has had this from the pet store and we just never caught it? The research I have done says it is not transferrable to and from humans, so he couldn't have gotten it from us (or us from him even, but I will still check us all) so I have no idea how he got it! And I am freaking out cuz what if she wants to give him back, I don't blame her but at the same time my son is allergic and I need him gone and to stay gone, kwim?! Any advice or insight or knowledge? Any advice or anything I can pass on to her?
Answer by Shanna84 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2011
Answer by Shanna84 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2011
Posts with Most Replies