Can I get pregnant after a tubal???

I had a tubal after my third baby was born in Feb. '06 and now my period is 5 days late. I have always been 28 days like clockwork and was surprised when my period didn't start. I took an EPT the day after it was due and it was neg-. I am scared it could be an ectopic ?? :0( Can a woman get pregnant so soon after a tubal ligation??

Kimx3babies

Asked by Kimx3babies at 2:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is uncommon, but it happens. However, an ectopic pregnancy would still give you a positive pregnancy test. How old are you? It could just be that you are getting to be a few years away from menopause now.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I also want to add that I have been nauseous for about two weeks, peeing like crazy and so tired I can sleep at any time of the day. I have been pregnant three times before and I know what pregnancy synptoms feel like, but why did the EPT come out as neg-????
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 2:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I am 27 years old...not even close to menopause. I have never been late except for being pregnant. I don't know what else it could be, but read it could be ectopic because preg tests are neg- because the HGC is too low to be viable.
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 2:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It can happen. I had a patient who got pregnant after a tubal, and her hubby'd had a vasectomy! Give it time, if you are pregnant, the test will eventually be positive. Try another brand, too. If you're really scared, talk to your doc to rule out ectopic.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2008