ACK pool emergency I feel so stupid

I had to go change the stupid filter in the pool. And I KNOW I should have waited for dh but I have done this 1000000000 times and never had a problem. I go change it out and the stupid thing wont go back on. Water is squirting everywhere. He is going to laugh so hard when he gets home. I am all wet and I had to call my 17 yr old and tell him to unplug the filter so I would not get electrocuted. I know I am missing something totally basic here. Oh well. When the little ones get one theyll have to wait on the pool time LOL!

It is an above ground pool am I doing something wrong? It is just one of those filters where it screws off and you take the round filter off and put a new one in?

Asked by gemgem at 2:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Did you shut off the valves to the skimmer and sprayer? When I had the cartridge filter I would close the valves, let the water out through the air release valve down at the bottom, let the water drain out, take the filter out and put the new one in, then I would put the air release valve back in and then slowly open the water valve so that it would fill back up with water, once it was full of water I would shut the valve, screw the top back on, open the both valves again and then restart the filter.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• did an o-ring fall off or pushed to the side?
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• yes but I cant get it back on I dont know why.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm sorry about that! sounds like some of the things we used to run into with our pool.

I'm sure it's fixable. :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It is I just went out there but I still didnt get it right. I dont know what I did. Oh well. DH will be home in an hour. Hopefully he can fix it lol. Ill just make him a big giant dinner and he will be all smiles while he works on our pool.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No I hadnt. He came home and fixed it and showed me how LOL.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011