Anyone have a son with Meatal Stenosis

My 3 yr old was just diagnosed with this today and they are going to be calling in a few days to set up a surgery date to correct it. Im just looking for any other moms who have been through this to give me some insite/advice/info/support... anything.. im just really nervous and would love to chat with someone who has been though it too. thanks

Rychelle

Asked by Rychelle at 2:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Yep, my son developed meatal stenosis & he had the surgery a few years ago. It was a very quick surgery & I think it took longer to prep him for the surgery than it actually took the urologist to do it. Afterward, it was very uncomfortable/painful for my son to unrinate for several days, so be prepared for that. We also had to put A & D ointment on the incision site to keep it from rubbing & sticking to his underwear, plus to protect the fresh wound from his own urine (it would sting) and that's really all there was to it.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Thank you so much for your reply!!! I really appreciate the info on the recovery!!! We just got our surgery date today.. it will be done on the 28th. Im just so nervous but trying to think positive.. i thinkim more scared about the anesthesia that the actual procedure though.
    Rychelle

Comment by Rychelle (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You're welcome, glad I could help. I hope your son's surgery goes well. To help a little with your nerves, here's a giggle for you.....When my son woke up in recovery, the first thing he wanted to do was check out his penis, which he did. It was swollen, of course, so it looked a little weird, and my son exclaims, "Mom, it's crooked!" (meaning the new opening). The nurses and I about died laughing.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• HAHAHAHAHA thank you for that!! I needed the laugh!!!! My oldest had surgery when he was 4 (tonsils and adenoids out) and it was a very traumatic experience for him.. so i think thats whats makeing me even more scared... I dont want to have that happen again withmy little guy
    Rychelle

Comment by Rychelle (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No but ill bump it
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• thank you! :)
    Rychelle

Comment by Rychelle (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2011