How could Sarah possibly have time to home school?

I just read in the National Inquirer that Sarah Palin pulled Willow out of highschool because she's decided to home school her. How is that going to work? Sarah seems like a pretty busy lady...i can't imagine how she'd be able to provide a good education to her child, care for her family, and roam the country for no reason.

Now before you get started, I'm not bashing her as a mom, I'm recognizing that home schooling is a huge commitment, and she seems like someone whose got a pretty full plate.

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 2:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• USR, I think it's a fair question. Some of the answers posted here were ones I had not thought of. I imagine they could afford to hire a private tutor--people have been learning from private tutors since before Christ.

A liberal classmate of mine asked me in 2008, how would the Palins handle it if she were elected VP, since they have a kid with Down's Syndrome? I have a child with autism, which is why she asked me. I thought the question was fair, and what my answer came down to was, "They'd make it work." Granted, they have more resources than many other special-needs parents, and that makes their job easier . . . but it doesn't make it *easy*. And they also have it harder because they *have* chosen to be in the public eye, with all of the rights and responsibilities that such a life calls for.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 7:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• To each their own.... Alaska has online high school options for kids/families to continue at home (or on the road).... There are a variety of options and curriculum guidelines....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Time would be the least of her deficits, IMO.

Now maybe she is talking about hiring private tutors to work with Willow at HOME. I could see that kind of HOME schooling for a Palin child.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• What's funny is that if the MEDIA wouldn't follow her around and giver her attention, all while criticizing her about being "in the limelight",

Her reality show and press conferences and bus tour say different...tell pubs to stop paying her millions

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm sure she has hired someone to do this for her :)
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My brother in law is a math teacher for an online high school...all his students are home schoolers. Yep, there's lots of options other than mommy is the only teacher.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 2:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• There are several on-line resources for home-schooling, no teacher required, just a computer...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• .i can't imagine how she'd be able to provide a good education to her child, care for her family, and roam the country for no reason.

With all do respect, Why is it any of your and anyone's busy to imagine how the Palin Family spends their time/energy?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Same way all the other online home schoolers do
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I would assume a tutor has been hired for the "home-schooling" . . . much in the same way as working child actors having private teachers.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2011