Any injuries in your house so far this summer?? adult content

Daughter had a minor spill at ballet recital the last week of May but that is pretty healed up. (2 other dancers collided with her, ouch!)

The humidity has made my migraines go banana's lately and I used up 4 tanks of oxygen, which is all my insurance allows me to have at one time. There was a 24 hour window where the provider was unable to bring me more so I've ended up going into the ER for two morphine shots in the last couple days (feeling great now and oxygen re-stocked!)

Son has severe wounds on hands, legs, little bit of face from a skateboard wipe out. He wont be swimming for many weeks. Last Summer he had a broken shoulder from a bike topple over incident. He can't peddle til the 15th of the month because the 1 knee is so deep the pediatrician wants no added stress on it.

No swimming, narcotics, and a sore ass. Summer 2011 is off to a great start here!!!!!!!!!

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Health

• Not a injury per say but DD ended up somehow getting a Staph infection. Plus her "friend" pushed her down and she ended up scraping up her forehead just above her eyebrow. DS fell and scraped up the side of his head, as well as walking into various doors and walls. DS has also tripped over air, but he's only 2.5. And he's just as clumsy as his daddy. SO has had a sunburn on his head that blistered and I've managed to slice my finger open while slicing tomatoes.
    unbrokenhellmus

Answer by unbrokenhellmus at 12:45 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Gosh hope all gets better!!!!! Hold your head up and buy lots of cotton and knee and elbow pads
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Just the random scraped knee from biting it while running around.

*passes out the extra strong bubble wrap and room darkening curtains*

Hope your summer ends better than it started.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My DS was running outside, tripped and skidded his face on the ground. He got a skid burn and then later on he busted his lip while walking to his room. Sunday, I slammed my pointer finger in the car door! OUCH! it's very bruised... :(
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 2:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• with a very active 3 year old, the list is endless lol but his worst so far was when he fell backwards and hit his back on the coner of my wooden bed (platform bed, no bed frame). he ended up with a huge bruse and a welt, but he was up and running after crying for a bit. and today he got some minor scrapes when we walked to the corner store, butits bearly 2pm so we'll see how it goes
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• DD fell and cut her face right below her eyebrow a week before she was a flower girl in my brothers wedding. Fortunately when she fell we were at a fundraiser for the local fire department so a trained medic checked her out. We didn't need stitches. Hope there isn't going to be a scar!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My daughter was at a neighbors house & the boy opushed her into the Trampoline making her ankle hurt & her wrist swell up and bruise it some other then that we haven't had much.
    So sorry to hear you have been doing poorly. Many Hugs for a safer less injury summer =)
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My son split his head open playing "ghost". He got stuck on the sheet an smacked his head in the wall. He needed 7 sutures.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2011