Do you think it's time for the super wealthy to pay their share?

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/tax_millionaires/?rc=chaser&r=8063&id=22147-2238203-06UzYKx

If so click on the link above and tell congress. If not ,why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Will taxing the "super" wealthy make bureaucrats STOP the wasteful spending, the over spending, and adding to unfunded programs with no accountability?

OP, What % of Americans are "super rich"..  What tax rate are you looking to tax? Will this "new" tax rate solve our nations financial problems?  Or are you hopping on a progressive bandwagon you saw on facebook?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Absolutely.................
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• They already do and then some.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No. My uncle is SUPER rich, but he lives way below his means and is extremely generous to those in need. I know because I took care of his finances while he was off building schools in the former USSR. He could have paid an agency to monitor things back home, but instead he let me do it so I had a job while staying home with my baby. He saved money instead of letting a firm do it, but he still paid me way more than I think he should have. I was shocked at how wealthy he really was, because one would never guess by how he lives. I was even more shocked at how much money he donates. He has a ginormous income, but he built his wealth from scratch using hard work and dedication. He doesn't deserve to be taxed to death because he worked his ass off.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Who are these evil rich people? Are they rich because of their income or because of their assets? Should we tax income..or maybe just take assets.

I just love how people that are clueless about real wealth think that you can get a lot of tax $ out of them. LOL Real wealth is ASSETS..not income. Taking assets is stealing.

I am thinking it is time the 45% that don't pay a dime or get a pay day start paying their share.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Until Congress quits spending what would be the point of raising taxes on anyone? Past history shows that Congress would waste any new money coming so until they change their behavior no one should have to pay more. Anyone who feels more taxes should be paid can send more money to the IRS at anytime they can also return their tax return. Would be a waste of money but if they feel that strongly more taxes need to be paid they can put their money where their mouth is.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 3:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• – collapse
    When are the kooky conservatives going to figure out that tinkle down economics doesn't work?
    When are crazy conservatives going to figure out that the middle class can't bear to carry this burden?
    When are the cuckoo conservatives going to figure out that the wealthy are paying taxes at a historically low rate?
    When are the cracked conservatives going to figure out that if the rich were taxed at the rate that was in effect half a century ago, we'd raise a significant amount of money
    Conservatives are inexplicably dense on this matter. Go figure
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• – collapse
    He doesn't deserve to be taxed to death because he worked his ass off.
    >>>
    Of course he deserves to be taxed at a higher rate. Taxes are the price he should be paying for the ability to attain that wealth
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Adnilm, bitter much? So taxes are the price we pay for the ability to attain wealth. So by that do you mean the oppertunity that everyone in this country has to earn the same amount of money by going to school, starting their own business and so on? Because if that's the case then everyone in this country should pay that same rate from the day they're born because everyone in this country has the oppertunity to be wealthy, or great or whatever they want to be. Do you mean the physical ability? Because that would mean taxing the same rate for every able bodied American from working age to retirement age. Or do you mean that people should be taxed greater if they are more driven to succeed and more willing to work then those that refuse to do anything but live off the backs of others? Really there are so many different things the word "ability" can mean in the context of your statement, please clarify.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 4:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Sooooo, still waiting....Really... What is an acceptable amount to be paid as "their" share. 35%++ is not enough.. What is? The Rich in the US already pay the majority of taxes.. How much more will make you progressive blowhards happy? When 51% of the US population doesn’t EVEN pay any federal taxes.... How much more will make YOU ALL happy???  

Do you think taxing them more will get you more entitlements from nanny gov't?

Over the last 10 years, it has been said that the highest-earning 10% of the U.S. population paid the largest share of taxes compared to other countries....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2011