Can you have a period and be pregnant?

I have had three boys and remember some of what it felt like to be pregnant. I have taken two home pregnancy tests and they were both negative but I feel pregnant. I have been nauseated and have had so much heartburn and indigestion. My breasts are tender and have had sharp pains in them. All of this reminds me of a typical pregnancy except no positive test and I am bleeding. My period last month was 10 days late and only lasted 3 days. This month it was early and it is almost over after only 2 days. This is not regular for me. I usually have my period every 31 to 32 days and it lasts 5 days. I have looked up information but they always tell you to take a test and I have done that and with my first child I did not get a positive urine or blood test till I was 4 months along.

marciababy

Asked by marciababy at 3:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i bled every month when my period was due with all 3 of my pregnancies. i thought i was having a miscarriage every month it happened. lol.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yes, you can still get a period while you are pregnant, although they tend to be lighter, but not always. It sounds like your hormones are a little messed up, so you may want make an appt. with your doc.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• yes you can... and the test bought could be defected what brand did u buy? try a diffrent brand well buy 3diif brands and take them all when you first wake up with ur first urine of the day.
    eyrich_baby012

Answer by eyrich_baby012 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011