do things change when your sick?

like does ur dh take over on his days off or is that just a fantasy? i rarely get sick unlike my sister lol but when i do my dh is at work! so its like carry on as usaul.but when my son is taking his naps like now i run into the bed! today is the first time i woke up before him woohoo! but on regular days i dont even get a chance to nap!
how bout you?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 2:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• If I am sick, no one picks up the house or does laundry etc. but my husband will pick up dinner so I don't have to cook and he feeds our animals and stuff. If I was sick too long though...I think the house would rot and fall in....LOL
    Anonymous

• When I'm sick which isn't often, my husband doesn't do much for me. He's the type that wants to be left alone and does the same for everyone else...kind of annoying really~! But my sons (17 & 15) are so sweet. They take such good care of me and I don't even have to ask.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I am completely on my own usually. It's horrible.

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Sometimes dh will cook for me, or pick up something for dinner, but that's about it. I've been sick for about a week now (getting over it now) and it's been life as usual around here! But in his defense, he works a lot and can't afford to take time off just because I'm sick. And the boys are too young to really help at all.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 3:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• With my DH's schedule I'm usually on my own. If I'm super sick my parents will come and help out. And if my DH is home he will get me a drink or something and I have to ask him to fix lunch for the kids, get them dressed or change a diaper. but he will do it if I ask.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2008