What is the point of blocking someone you have never talked to in the first place?

I'm just a little curious...blocking them won't stop them from answering your questions or voting you up/down, bumping your questions, ect...all it stops you from doing is seeing that person homepage right? and like commenting in their chatterbox or sending PM's or whatever...

I was just going through some of my things on CM...updating stuff...things like that..when I noticed one of the ladies had blocked me, I've answered a few of this person's questions before but I've never actually talked directly to her so...weird lol

So ladies...what makes you block someone? how many people are on your blocked list? do you even remember what made you block them? lol

I have 1 person (well now 2 lol) on my blocked list...she made like THE most racist post and when I said I was offended she started PMing me asking me personal questions...it was really weird lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in About CafeMom

• The last person to block me was in the midst of a hissy over being wrong. Then she had another hissy when it was revealed that she'd blocked anyone in the first place. I'll use that as quite unscientific evidence that some people have very petty and overemotional reasons for using block. That and they don't understand what it does, so they think it works like facebook.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Hey now... No talking about me!

:D

LMAO!

I have blocked people so they couldn't send me anymore harassing messages when they have disagreed with me. I have never been blocked by someone. I think most people block you and don't know that it doesn't really do anything.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have only blocked a few people who have gotten all stalkerish on me, much like you were talking about.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have one person blocked. She didn't like my answer to her question - I sided with her husband.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• How did you find out who has blocked you?
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I've got some blocked. They were blocked for many reasons that I won't get into, but mostly it's just to keep things as simple as possible on here.

I figure for the questions and what not people can say pretty much whatever they want. But there are some that based on answers I'm just not up to dealing with all that when it comes to PMs.
    Having them blocked keeps that from happening and that means I don't have to worry about getting too many PMs. I get enough as it is.
    Anonymous

• Not blocked anyone.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I've been blocked by a mom I disagreed with and she voted me up best answer next night! LMAO! I tried to thank her for best answer but I was BLOCKED, LOL Gotta love it :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• @Anon #2..it hasnt caused any drama yet and I havent named any names so I doubt that it will
    @ochsamom...you go to personal details, then blocked users
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• This is a post that will cause drama!
    Anonymous