Im 19 and very possibly pregnant, how do i get my boyfriend to understand it will be okay?

im 19 and he is 21 and im 3 weeks late on my cycle. he is freaking out worse then me (which is hard to believe) how do i get him to understand it will be okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well first and foremost take a test. If you are stressing about *maybe* being pregnant that alone can cause you cycle to be a few weeks late. If you are pregnant then you can't *Make* him understand anything. You can only get your resources and support team together and show him *you* are prepared and are okay with the situation and that in time you hope he can be as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• he will probally need time, it is a life changing thing and it really freaks guys out. We can deal with this sort of thing alot easier. Good luck!!!
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• If you are:

Truthfully, you can not convince him that everything will be okay because one never knows if it will or not. Having a child brings on major life changes, life changes that do not last for just a little while. Life changes that last a lifetime. I say this as a mother who's only child is a grown man who no longer lives at home. If I were to tell you that each and every single life change I have experienced due to having a child for over the past 20 years were "ok" or "at least turned out ok in the end" I would be lying.

With that said. Your best way of approaching this if I were you would be in this manner: Instead of trying to convince him everything will be ok. I would tell him that yeah things may get tough, real tough. However if WE work together, if WE support each other we will make it through whatever life brings us. We can work together to face life head on and have a happy healthy family.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Let me tell you from experience, that men take a much longer time to get excited or calm down about a pregnancy. When I found out we were pregnant with our 3 yr old son. When I told him his expression wasn't what I was expecting. I thought he'd be happy and excited he was worried & scared. A baby is a BIG deal. Men are usually pessimistic. Don't let it bother you in time (even could be after the baby is born) until he's excited & has calmed down.

Wait until you miss your period and if it says no then your proably not pregnant just stressing out. Relax! GL!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• take a test and find out for sure... then he can worry. lol.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2011