Do you have help with your kids?

I was at a baby group today and there were mostly first time mom's there. In conversation I told them I have 4 kids and was asked if I had help at home. Help? DH is home and not working so much lately. I got the impression that's not what they meant. Our parent's help us out now and then. My mom was here last week helping me get caught up on cleaning and purging some things. My fil is taking my son to his soccer game tonight because my dd has her gymnastics show tonight.
Yes it can be crazy busy but we knew that when we decided to become parent's.
I don't know I've never been asked before if I had help at home. I've been asked if dh helps but that's it.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• When my son was growing up......

No we never had help. Not even from parents now and then (my parents live over 2thousand miles away--my inlaws are in India).
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I don't have "Help". I do it myself and when hubby is home, we do it together. My parents live in a different state and hubby's parents are not able to "help" at the moment. We don't consider the grandparents hanging out with the boys "Help".
    MyGirlParadise

Answer by MyGirlParadise at 4:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My mother helps us pay for things like day care, etc. and sometimes she "babysits" after he's in bed but that's it.
    Anonymous

• When our first daughter was born my mom babysat for me regularly and my MIL did once in a while (but made a huge deal about it each time she was asked). When our second daughter was born I was out of school and no longer worked so I didn't need a sitter. My husband doesn't do anything around the house but I don't expect him too either (he works to support us financially, I take care of the home and the kids).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Other then my hubby ( when hes not working ) no one really We havent had a date night without the kids in probably over a year and before that it was before our 1st was born
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My family lives in a different state and the only family that's here is my hubby's dad and wife. But I don't consider their visiting time with my son help.
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• When the kids and I are home, it is just us. But I have a sitter that watches the kids while i am working. and then a friends daughter who will come over if we just want to go out just the two of us. My mom lives 100 miles away, she just had my daughter for the weekend, but it happens sparingly..
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No, no help. My parents will occasionally watch the kids or shuttle one to an activity if there is no one else to do it. But generally, it's just me and dh and the three kids.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Nope, no help. We have one child and another on the way, but I have kind of been on my own since day one...except when hubby is off work of course. My parents and In-laws all live at least 2 1/2 hours away, so it is just us.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 5:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• We have 5 kids. The only "help" I get is my husband when he's not working. Otherwise it's just me and the kids. Our family lives on the other side of the country. Even when we lived closer we didn't get help. Even after I had c-sections with each of them. Even when I came home after my 3rd c-section and had a 13mo and a 2yo at home to take care of I didn't have any help other than my husband.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011