Ok kind of a stupid question lol...whats the best way to clean the inside of the toaster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Besides what everyone else has already covered about the crumbs....you can use a toothbrush to brush the "gunk" off the coils etc...that stuff kind of sticks and after awhile gets built up. I know the kind of toaster you're talking about and I would try to keep it also.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Usually the crumbs and stuff go to the bottom and you just open it up and dump the crumbs. You could try and get a toothbrush or small brush in there to knock them down. Now if you have something sticky in there, I have no clue because I would not get it wet.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Unplug it first.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Get a new one. haha.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i would usually get a new one but they dont have this kind anywhere for a reasonable price. its stainless steal and it has the old fashion look to it. it was one of those free gifts from the bank lol, i know kinda pathtic but i love how it looks and i priced others similar in style and they wasnt 50 and up for them, thats a little much for a toaster.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• ditto steph's answer.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Did you turn it over and see where the little opening is? That's how to clean it but like simplicity said, unplug it first.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• turn it upside down & hit on it.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I unplug mine and open the door to the crumb tray. I then use a small brush to brush away all the crumbs that I can reach. I usually set the toaster on an old newspaper before I start because it makes clean-up much easier. I then take a damp cloth and wipe everything down, close the crumb tray and plug her back in. I wish you hadn't brought this up, 'cause mine needs cleaning right now!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011