How do you know when it's time to have another baby? Am I really ready?

I have 1 child hubs and I both work. Him full- time, me part-time. We have insurance and own our home. I've been debateing on going back to school but I also really want another baby. After 2 we are finished and I don't want to wait for to long but I also want to have them close enough together that they can relate to each other. If we get pregnant 6months to a year from now our child would be 3-4 years old by the time the baby came along.
I also have to bring this up to my husband. Who I know has been haveing baby fever lately as well but I'm not sure if that is just a short term thing or if he is serious. I know I should bring it up but I guess I'm nervous about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Our children are 18 months apart & yes, we planned them both. Both times we talked it over & it was me who actually came up with reasons to have a 2nd baby & not to have a baby (I was over thinking it WAY too much) so my Husband just put in simple terms & said that he would be happy with a second baby so did I WANT another one - yes or no?. I did & so our 2nd child was born. It's always scary & us as women do tend to try & think of EVERYTHING but at the end of the day just talk to your husband & if you both feel like you really want a 2nd child regardless of all the other worries then go for it - GOOD LUCK:)
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• You need to discuss it with him. Do a pro/con list.

For every person, the answer is different and no one can give you a blanket answer.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I do really want another one....I feel I'm ready...just nervous.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Ahh I'm going through the same thing! I've been wanting another one so bad lately! I always thought I'd have at least two kids and our DS is a year or less away from being diaper free so we wouldn't have two in diapers. We are moving next month so that we'll have cheaper rent and can save for a house. My fiance used to say he only wanted to have one kid but awhile back we thought I was prego and he was actually ok with it. But anyways, sorry to go on about myself...
    If you feel ready and so does your hubby, have a second baby! I always over think stuff too. It's hard being a momma! Good luck TTC!!! :)
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I would definitely discuss the issue with him. If you guys are really ready go for it. To add do you have an emergency fund or savings set up. we face alot of economy crisis these days. Your life could change from one day to another. If you love each other go for it and get a plan B going... Being in love is GREAT!
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 11:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I talked to the hubs about it today! He wants to start trying soon too! We just have a few projects around the house to do and voila then it's baby makin' time!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2011