Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can I get goverment help for my mom? or something....

my mom lives with us and its getting to the point in my marriage where my mom and sister need to move out. I have two kids under the age 2 myself and STRUGGLE financially. I took the responsibility of second mom to my sister and I was only 16. 12 years later.... I realize this is really holding me down on so many levels not to mention financially. My mom has not worked in a "normal" job for over 20 years. She has babysitted and cleaned houses all her life. She is in no condition to babysit anymore, its just to much stress for her and the kids. She cant clean enough houses to support herself and child. She makes less than $1200 a month and has been using my car for 3 years. My mom has never been diagnosed but I guarentee you has social anxiety disorder. She has bersitis in her arm that makes working difficult. She breathes really loud and has not seen a doc in 12 years. She is 53, maybe disability? or housing program? What are my options? I live in Nevada.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (1)
  • Have her apply for disability. She needs to go to social security office to ask for an application, and then the DR fills it out with all her conditions. I am in NJ, but i am sure the process is the same.

    Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.