Banana Bread Recipe.....I need one

I needs a good Banana Bread Recipe fixing to make some last one I did was meh...hit me up girls :)

djavongirl

Asked by djavongirl at 4:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup shortening/butter, 1.5 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, dash of salt, 3 bananas. Preheat oven 350.
    Beat together first three. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased loaf pan, Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. I like to add walnuts too.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 4:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• On Sunday I'll have one...I'm getting one from a lady at church who brought all the ladies banana bread to snack on and it was THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD. Lemme know if you still want it then, i'll be more than happy to pass it along!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 4:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• this is for a peanut butter banana bread (my family likes it better than regular banana bread).

Ingredients:
    2/3 cup butter
    2/3 cup peanut butter
    1 cup sugar
    4 eggs
    6 mid-sized mashed ripe bananas
    2 tbsp vegy oil
    1 cup milk
    2 tsp baking soda
    2 cup flour
    6 tsp baking powder
    confectioner's sugar for dusting

Whisk together in a large bowl the eggs, butter, peanut butter and sugar (all at room temperature), then fold in the squashed banana and a tablespoon of sunflower oil. Mix lightly.

In a separate bowl, combine milk and baking soda, in another, the flour with the baking powder.

Now add to the large bowl parts of the milk mixture alternating with parts of the flour mix, until everything is combined. This way you can quickly judge the consistency of the dough: add some more milk, if the batter is too firm, an extra tablespoon of flour, if too runny. Don’t overdue the b
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 4:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• @Beachy Yeah you can just message me gonna make it today that is for sures
    @Solara I will have to make the kiddos and my uncle just that one cause I can't have peanut butter :(
    djavongirl

Comment by djavongirl (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Continued:

Don’t overdue the batter.

Pour the batter into a buttered and bread crumbs dusted or paper-lined muffin tins and bake at 180°C (350°F) in a preheated oven for 25-35 minutes, depending on the size of the cakes. Poke muffins with a wooden skewer to see if they are done – the skewer should come out quite dry and clean. Remove muffins from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes, then carefully turn the muffins out of the tin. Dust with confectioner’s sugar, once completely cooled down.

It can take up to an hour to bake but it's so good i have to make two loafs for my family. I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe too!

good

SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 4:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• 1/2 cup butter-softened
    1 cup white sugar
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
    2 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    (I also add choc. chips)

preheat oven to 350*. grease and flour one 9x5 bread pan
    cream butter and sugar until smooth. beat in eggs and then bananas. add flour and baking soda, stirring until just combined
    pour into prepared pan and bake @ 350* for about an hour. remove from pan and let cool
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• hope you like it..............
    whitepeppers

• @White and Fallen TY!!!
    @Solara I am gonna half the recipe and make it for kiddos :)
    djavongirl

Comment by djavongirl (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Jiffy baking mix has the best one I've found on it's box. simple yet good.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 6:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• @Whitepeppers I did find a problem with your banana bread I baked it before I went to work.....ummm....it was gone by the time I got home it seems it disappears after baking wtf? :P XOXO
    djavongirl

Comment by djavongirl (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011