What am I doing wrong, or what can I do differently???

Summer of 2006 I weighed 156 lbs, in Feb. 2007 I found out I was pregnant, when they weighed me right before I went to the hospital to give birth I weighed 267 lbs. For the last 6 months of my pregnancy I couldn't excercise well b/c I had a pinched sciatic nerve, I gained ALOT of weight.After I had the baby they weighed me, and I was 255. I just went to the Dr. a week ago and I weigh 251! I felt like I had lost so much more weight than that! Now I am extremely depressed and don't know what to do..at 4weeks after giving birth I was excercising again,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Health

• Continued from above!!!!!!
    I RUN for 1 hour everyday on a treadmill, I do crunches, I do leg lifts, I eat 2 very small meals a day, I drink almost only water, I even breastfed exclusively for the first month and a half. If I snack I eat saltines plain. I have just started taking hydroxy cut, I don't know what else to do anymore, Dr. checked my thyroid, they said nothing wrong there. Is there anything else it could be?? I can't stand feelin like this..I'm not me :(
    Anonymous

• 2 small meals a day could be a problem, eat 3 to 5 small ones to make sure your metabolism is working all day. and make sure one of those meals is breakfast! dont eat a few hours before bedtime. i snack on oragnes, they help increase metabolism. i wouldnt worry too much if you feel like youve lost more, and dont be depressed! losing weight is hard, and you very well may have lost more, but if you put on muscle, muscle weighs more than fat,

some of those tips probably sound cliche, but they worked for me. and before i had to quit going to school i was training to be a fitness specialist, if you need anything else message me. im not certifited in it or anything, but i have a decent idea and grasp of things, just basic stuff. good luck! hope this helped.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Don't cut out on the food eat normal amounts each day, being stressed out also causes fat to be harder to burn off. It may cost a pretty penny, but I would hire a nutitionist, they can be REALLY helpful as far as diet goes. Try not to be so obsessive about it, cause from a lot of women doing that only contradicts your efforts. Loosing weight takes time. And you just had a baby so go easy on your expectations.
    Anonymous

• on the thyroid issue... i had major weight problems after being on depo after never having them in my life. i asked my regular doc to do thyroid tests annually and they were always "normal." the normal range is like 0.5 to 5. however, women feel best when between 1 and 2. do you know your results? did they run the whole thyroid panel? my results were 3-4 for years and i was always tired... there is alot that can affect weight besides this. i dropped weight and looked and felt better taking only food enzymes (must be quality - I prefer Nature's Sunshine products), juice (antioxidant/weight loss Thai Go by Nature's Sunshine), and probiotics. Also even more results switching to whole and natural foods.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2008