Do you own your own Carpet Cleaner? If so, which one and how do you like it?

I'm looking into possibly buying my own carpet cleaner.
I live in a small town in the country and our carpet cleaning options are just worse than limited. There is one business in town who does all the apartment carpets but he's just not very good. I think his equipment is worn out actually.
If someone comes from a larger town, say, 45 mi away..they charge $80 just for coming plus the fee per room. I have 3 rooms with carpet only, the rest is tile/hardwoods.
So, I would like to just have my own carpet cleaner to save the headache and money over time and also to have the freedom to clean my carpets as much as I want to.

Would you please tell me about the cleaner you have and how you like it. If you think it does excellent job,(met your expectations) or could be better. Pros and Cons for the money you spent. I would love to have actual testimonies from Moms who have them before I make this choice because they aren't exactly inexpensive.

**I'm looking for more than the spot cleaners(like Spot Bot) though, just fyi.

Whatever info you can offer I'd be very grateful. I'm deciding this week.
Thanks so much for your help. :)

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 4:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• I have a bissel pro heat 2X, it is awesome!!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have a bissell proheat. I think it was around $160 maybe. It's been a couple years since i got it. It did really well. I use to have 3 dogs, now just 1, and i have 2 boys. I only have carpet in the basement and it was pretty cheap carpet that stains easy. Between the dogs and the kids it just looked terrible. The Bissell did pretty well keeping up for a while. But last year my dog for some reason liked peeing on the carpet in the same spot over and over. Why he started that i'll never know, but he does have seizures so he could run to the same spot if he has one when we aren't around and he loses bladder control. And he's a lab so it's a lot of pee! After several times using it on that, now if you use it at all it makes the whole room smell like dog pee. I've tried to clean it as best as i can but it doesn't help. And it's one made for pet messes! I'm having a pro come tomorrow to clean real good.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• we have a kirby vacume and it has the option of being used as a carpet cleaner. it works so well i love it! the only thing i dont like is that it does not dry the carpet after cleaning it.
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 4:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have a Rug Doctor and my cream colored carpets wouldn't survive without it.:)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Rug Doctor X3 I like it, got it from QVC. Did it because do want strangers in my place. Some super markets rent them, but then again used and the time you get to keep it, this way I can do it when I'm ready. Last rental I lived in charged me 300 to clean things.
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have a Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge and I used to have a Bissell Pro-Heat x2. I thought both were great carpet cleaners.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• yes, the hoover. got it at Walmart! I use it on the carpet and the tile!! LOVE IT!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011