Where is the best place to have a baby shower: in a house or reserving a specific place ???

I have it set in my mind that I would like to have it at somoene's house but then again I don't know because I don't know how many people I should invite, and also everyone keeps telling me to wait to announce the date of the baby but why ??? If I announce now people would continously see it if its posted on fb right ???

BabiWhite1011

Asked by BabiWhite1011 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• We had ours at our church, just made it all easier plus we didn't have to worry about parking or space because out church has plenty of both:) Either way, enjoy:)
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• if u have money for a specific place & want to have it there go for it but having it at someone's house is just as ok.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• What do you mean the date of the baby? I always do partied outside at a park or someother place liek that...so you dont have to worry about a mess after even adults can make a house dirty with cups and everything laying around.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It depends on how big you want it? I had more than one with all the kids and so we did them at peoples houses so it was more intimate. I have known people though that have both sides of the family and all their friends so they get a place. I just was never into something that big so I didnt go that route. So it is really up to you.

Answer by gemgem at 4:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• LOL I misread your question!! Nevermind my last answer :) I had my baby shower at my MIL's house. Worked out perfect. Really anywhere that there is enough room and you are comfortable.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It depends on how much you want to spend. It is usually pretty pricey at restaurants, but it certainly is whole-lot less work!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I think someones house is nice. That is were I had both of my Baby showers. At my moms. But a park will be nice if the weather is cooperating.
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 4:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• We had a bbq at our local park. It was laid back and I invited friends and family, Male and female. I had a blast!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I think it depends on how many people you are inviting and if you want to do they work for it or have someone else do it. I've been to showers at people's homes and at locations and both are equally nice!
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 6:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i thank everyone for their feedback idk where i will have it bcuz a bbq sounds good only bcuz i enjoy eatn lol but since it will be in sept i will have to see how the weather will be
    BabiWhite1011

Comment by BabiWhite1011 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2011