Can you freeze lunchables?

just the basic ones....crackers, cheese and meat ?....

BeachyBabe

Asked by BeachyBabe at 4:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Well, the meat and cheese you can - never froze crackers. I'd say go for it. You can pretty much freeze anything.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• try 1 and see.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I freeze the ones I buy, my daughter hasn't said anything about the texture being off on the crackers.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't. I got a ton of them on an awesome sale at the end of April and still have some in the fridge - I wouldn't think they'd be the same after freezing, cheese gets weird sometimes and the crackers...ew.
    Anonymous

• anon, how long are they good for typically in the fridge?
    BeachyBabe

Comment by BeachyBabe (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• At least a couple of months - they have expiration dates stamped on them. Like I said, I bought a ton in April, and the ones remaining don't expire til the end of June or July. The date is usually stamped on the side of the package.
    Anonymous

• Crackers would freeze fine, but cheese is not good to freeze and thaw. Sometimes I'll do it ina pre-made dish I am going to bake, but other than that I keep cheese out of the freezer!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 8:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2011