Obama "I'm not concerned about a double-dip recession"

"I'm not concerned about a double-dip recession. I am concerned about the fact that the recovery that we're on is not producing jobs as quickly as I want it to happen," Obama told a news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Link

I must say, I am so relieved and feel soooooooooo much better about the economy now, don't you?

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 4:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• He is not worried. Well glad to hear someone isn't. Too bad it is the one person who really should be.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

Ain't that the truth!
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Reuters - Africa . . . . it is crazy what kind of publications we get on the net.

I really like Obama, but I am afraid that we are heading into a double-dip with certainty.

Politicians have to walk a fine line. They cannot say anything alarming, or we will have another market tank., and people will hoarde the money instead of investing and consuming. It will avalanche the dip.

But, we are dipping again. Interest rates and home prices will continue to drop, gas prices will continue to rise, as will unemployment. We have a long, hard road ahead of us.

We are looking at ten years from start of 1st bubble burst. Around 2017, we will start to be in good shape again.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Obama- "I'm not concerned about a double-dip recession"
    Or, anything else that has to do with the real world!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• UNBELIEVABLE!! He is NUTS!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Why should he be? He wants people dependent on the gov
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• After the last jobs report we had, and with the housing market showing signs of trouble, he'd BETTER be concerned about a double-dip recession. I heard that comment on the radio today and, IMO, that made him sound totally clueless. If he's not careful, I think he may wind up being the Herbert Hoover of the Second Great Depression.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• So while he is focusing on why his 'recovery' isn't improving our economy like it should, the rest of us are focusing on how his 'recovery' is sending us into another recession - if not a depression.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It would have just been one big dip without the recovery plan. Wewrote this 10 year slump into our history long ago.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It would have just been one big dip without the recovery plan.

What exactly do you mean? It would have dipped and recovered?? or???
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011