I'm interested in learning how to make homemade baby for my son.Can someone help!

hurlermom101

Asked by hurlermom101 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• lightly steaming veggies and then pureeing them is great first foods. I have a magic bullet and it worked wonders when my son was a baby. Then, as the baby gets older, you can add more ingredients like meats or mixing fruits and veggies. I also used my breast milk storage bags to freeze the food. I used the Lansinoh bags because they arent' made with the toxic plastic like other bags are, and there's a place to label them with the date and the food it is. :-)
    workathome01

Answer by workathome01 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I am guessing you mean food - try this link: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If your just learning how to cook start with something easy like spaghetti. If you are learning to bake start with the premade cake mixes till you get the hang of it then.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had a little grinder- you put whatever you are fixing for the family in it and it sieved the food and made it easy for baby to eat. I wouldn't salt the food very much or give him strong foods, but we fed mostly whatever we ate, only ground up until the baby had enough teeth to chew.

Answer by Bmat at 4:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I used my blender, or my magic bullet. you can buy a small mill that is pretty inexpensive.

try
    http://www.cuisinart.com/baby/recipes/index.php

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Just use a blender and mix up what you want to feed them. Then freeze what you don't use in ice cube trays. After each thing is frozen, put in a zip bag and you have a meal in minutes. You can warm it up in a dish sitting in warm water. I did this for all of my 9 kids. Works great and no chemicals from the store baby food jars.
    sew4heaven

Answer by sew4heaven at 10:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2008