should i get a second opinion?

I took my son into the doctor on Monday, cuz he had a runny nose, fever, and acted fussier than normal. he has tubes in his ears, so i thought if he wasn't sick, maybe one's coming out or something. anyway, i took him to the doc and she said there was nothing wrong with him, he was just bored and wanted to get out of the house. (yeah ok lady..)well today, he has all of the same symptoms but has had diareah 3 times. should i just give him some tylonal and watch him, or should i get a second opinion?

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would wait until the fever gets over 103. fevers aren't bad until then... it just shows the body is fighting something off. or if the diarrhea gets really bad and he gets dehydrated
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• could he be getting a new tooth in?? seems like teething to me...
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I feel your pain! My 7 year old has autism so he isn't very good at explaining how he feels. He will say he doesn't hurt when he does, etc. It's been over a month and my son is super congested and has been throwing up (not daily) but at least twice a week. He was on an antibiotic and the day after it stopped he was at it again. Honestly, I don't have much faith in doctors. I'd get a second opinion. They may tell you the same thing (just watch him, not that he's bored-that is ridiculous) or they may find what the other missed, that's happened twice with my son on a second opinion. Now my baby has a tummy bug! ugh!!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• well she looked at his teeth and she said from what she sees it doesn't look like one is coming in right now. that's what i thought to. either the tubes or the teeth
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My DH just retired from the army. Trycare might not pay for a second oppinion. Just bring him back to the doctor tell them their are more symtoms.

Answer by louise2 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• He could just have a cold and there's nothing the doc can do. Diarrhea isn't unusual especially if he is swalling lots of mucus. Just hang in there and watch the fever. IF it gets to high or won't come down at all, take him back.
    Anonymous