No love here?

I think it is safe to say his political career is over.

Washington (CNN) – Senate Majority Leader Sen. Harry Reid gave embattled Rep. Anthony Weiner no love on Capitol Hill Tuesday.

"I know Congressman Weiner and I wish there was some way I can defend him, but I can't. OK?" Reid said.

And then there was this exchange with reporters:

Q: You didn't say whether you thought Congressman Weiner should resign.
Reid: I'm not here to defend Weiner.
Q: What do you think he should do?
Reid: That's all I'm going to say.
Q: Senator Reid, what advice would you give him if he asked you?
Reid: Call somebody else.

Or here.

Some of Rep. Anthony Weiner's constituents made it clear Tuesday they want him gone.

"Resign Pervert Weiner," read the sign taped on the window of his Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, office.

Whoever posted that was speaking on behalf of many of Weiner's dismayed former supporters in Queens and Brooklyn, many of whom called for his ouster after he admitted to seamy sext-capades with six women - and lying about it.

"I think he should be barred out of politics. He's disgusting and a pervert," Ronnie Homan, 50, of Borough Park, Brooklyn, said after Weiner made his tearful admission Monday.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/anthony-weiner/2011/06/07/weiners-brooklyn-office-defaced-angry-constituents#ixzz1Ocpnuia9

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• He should just leave. I know I am sick of hearing about Weiner's weiner. (Sorry couldn't help it.)
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yeah, he needs to go....SOON!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 4:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I caught a bit of conversation about this on the radio, and apparently the rest of the NY delegation had no use for him even BEFORE this.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'd never heard of him before this honestly. You gotta wonder what kind of moron holding a public office does this crap online? Really Weiner? Online? The place where nothing ever dies and everything leaves a trail. Not the brightest crayon in the box so just that right there proves he's pretty incompetent. Your a politician. Politicians lie basically for a living. And you suck at it. FAIL
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• That guy is seriously a sexual addict if he does that crap, porn stuff with 6 women. Its bad doing that with just one....but 6??? ANd he is married? He needs to LEAVE NOW! He's so fugly too....what makes him thnk he is so sexy? Barf!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• If he actually cares about his party and constituants he would resign. He only cares about himself so he will stay. I won't judge his looks like some do people can't help what they look like. Pot meet kettle gerpilu.lol I do find his name amusing in light of what he was doing.
    Anonymous

• IMO the lying was the worst part. That is unforgivable.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• So, I've always wondered...what does his penis have to do with his politics? I'm not defending him or anything but come on, there are few ethical politicians..

I'm not trying to start an issue. It's a sincere question.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• what does his penis have to do with his politics?

Not much. I've been wondering how many of the people denouncing him in the party and in his district supported Clinton, even though he wasn't impeached for screwing around, but for committing perjury when questioned about it (IMO a far more serious problem in an elected official). Go go double standards!

I don't question that he shot himself in his political foot, but not by diddling, but by diddling without first being famous enough to get the free diddling pass (Clinton, Kennedy, Reid - yeah, even Reid, can you say hypocrite?, etc).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011