Pediatriton

How many people went to a consultation meeting with their pediatrition? I'm new at this type thing and Im getting mixed reviews from friends and family, some swear its totally important others say its a waste of time, I can always switch after the baby is born. Any opinions? I'm being induced on Monday so the clock is ticking lol I can't believe I have procrastinated this long:(

patientlyw8ing

Asked by patientlyw8ing at 3:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I never even met ours until our first appointment. We had just moved and didn't have anyone lined up. The hospital ped hooked us up with a great doctor and we've been really happy with him. It's really up to you how to handle it. If you don't like your ped, you can always switch.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You can def always switch at any time. But for us, before our 1st child was born, we got some great references of this one pedi, both from my OB and friends. I wanted to check him out first and see if he gave us a good vibe and seemed personable. Within 5 min of talking with him and seeing how he ran the office, we were sold on him. lol

Plus, I think if you do have the opportunity to meet him/her before the baby is born, it's just nice to know that you're already familiar with the doc when they come in to see you & the baby after you give birth.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 3:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• im on medicaid and they wont pay for a visit before the baby is born. the office will just send over whoever is on call. i figured if i like who they send i will stay with them or go to someone else until i find one i like. u cant tell how they are gonna be with ur baby until its born
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008