1 in 10 Parents Regret Kid's Names

I just read an article that stated 1 in 10 parents regret the name(s) they gave their child(ren).

DD is 5yo and I have never once regretted giving her the name that we did.

Have you ever regretted the name you gave your child? Or even the way that you spell it?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 5:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Baby Names

• My DD will be 3 in August and I don't regret her name at all. I love the name as much now as I did when I came up with it in high school. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Glad I am one of the 9 who didn't :) I LOVE my son's name....
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Nope..I love my kids names...my daughter Kelley-Christina...I don't regret her name (one name) or how it is spelled because she is named after my mother and my aunt...but I kind of wish there wasnt an extra "e" in Kelley because no one ever adds it lol...but like I said she is named after my family and that is how my mothers name is spelled..so no real regrets
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I love the guys names they are aptly named
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• At times I have regretted my daughter's name. It's a longish name and kind of hard for other kids (and some adults) to pronounce. Her name is Clarissa and should be pronounced like Clair-issa but a lot of people try to say Claw-rissa and it annoys her. Also there is a girl in her class at school named Larissa and they look a little alike, same hair color and length and stuff so half the time teachers get them mixed up and she ends up bringing home papers with the other girl's name on it and her account gets charged when the other girl has school lunch. Very annoying! I thought it was unique enough (but not too weird) that she wouldn't have problems at school because of her name.
    Anonymous

• I absolutely do not regret her name.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I regret naming my first born after his dad. But I thought I was 'in love'...dumb me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yes
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yes b/c it really wasn't what I wanted to name him but no one (meaning my hubby) liked the other name I had picked out.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• how sad! i love my son's name :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 5:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2011