To wipe or not to wipe...that is the question

I just saw the pole asking if you use a wipe each diaper change even if it is just pee.
I do, I would not want to smell like pee would you?
So....do you, or don't you?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 3:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely....I've always used a wipe after their diaper changes. Why? Because it's cleaner for them, their skin, etc. Plus, I know someone who didn't either, and they always wondered why their baby had diaper rashes.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 3:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I don't wipe every time and my dd does not get rashes. Sorry my2luvbugs.
    Anonymous

• I also don't wipe every time, and my son rarely has a diaper rash. He also doesn't smell like pee. Lol...
    Anonymous

• I would say pretty much all the time. Mine aren't in diapers anymore. I don't have my son wipe on the toilet when he pees. He just shakes it off!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Nope I dont and didnt. My sons used to get really horrible rashes and the pediatrician said it was from wiping after ever pee. After I stopped they didnt get rashes anymore. Id wipe in the morning, after poop and they took baths everyday, sometimes twice (boys you know). My dd I wiped her after every time because well I guess I just figured its a little diff.

Answer by gemgem at 3:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Sometimes i didnt.. but it was only when i was in a hurry.... i would say 99% of the time i did
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 3:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I don't unless its hot. And that's just to wipe sweat off and cool him off. My 16 mo has ever only had 2 rashes, and it was from diarrhea. And he never smells like pee. Diapers are so absorbant now there's really no need.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I never even considered that some people might not wipe if it's just pee. This is a totally new thing to me, lmao. I plan to wipe after every diaper change. I know that urine is sanitary and sterile, but it'll make me feel better if I know my daughter is totally clean.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I always wipe, I caught my hubby not wiping and I yelled at him! I dont want my son to get diaper rash.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Nope, I only wipe them when they are poopy or very very wet.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008