PLEASE HELP!

Before I start I will say, i'm waiting for my daughter to be picked up so I can head to the ER. Now, I was washing dishes after a late lunch and I started feeling funny. I'd describe it like the feeling you get from narcotic pain killers. Shortly after I started shaking and my heart started beating irregularly but fast and hard. I felt faint and weak. Tried making it to my bed and almost collapsed. By the time I made it to my bed, I felt like my body was thrown into a pit of fire. The feeling slowly started to subside and I was able to phone the doctor who said make my arrangements for my daughter and head in to the ER asap. They did not say any possible reasons why i'd feel this way. I have a fear of hospitals. Can anyone give me possibilities of what could cause this and what I can expect at the hospital? I still feel weak, what feel like heart palpitations but i'm able to go about business. I'd just feel better about this with knowing what I can expect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Health

• could it have been a panic attack? anxiety can cause most of those symptoms, especially heart palps and heart racing, shaking. hope you get some answers tonight! good luck, i fear hospitals too. just remember they are there to help you.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I am glad you are going. They will probably do a quick EKG, which is just sticky pads on the chest, and run some bloodwork. They will also put the lighted do-hicky on your finger to make sure you have enough oxygen.

You might receive some IV fluids.

Sometimes things like stress (panic attacks), dehydration, blood sugar drops, tachycardias can cause that, but they will rule out the other stuff for you.

I hope you start feeling better soon mama!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Can you be fine one second and having a panic attack the next? This way more of a more intense version of when I have low blood sugar but I had ate a little while before.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yes. They can come out of nowhere and be extremely intense and scary.

The ER will be able to tell you if there is anything physical to worry about.

Hugs
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Thank you very much! Have a wonderful evening!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• you need to get to the hospital NOW!!! sounds like your heart sweety... you can't play with those symptoms and diagnose yourself. PLEASE go to the hospital or urgent care NOW!!! take care of yourself... you want to be around for your kid...

inbox me when you get back @ miamoma
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 5:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Hope your hospital visit was fine an you are feeling much much better.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• wait & see but u be ok keep me posted
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• sounds like a panic attack to me I have them and that is exactly how I feel(felt); get it checked out ASAP
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011