Indoor summer activities?

Ok my lovely ladies I need some help! I need some ideas on what to do with the kids when it is to hot or raining and we cant play outside. We have signed up for the summer reading program at the library and have gotten a pool pass for the summer.We have lots of things planned for outings but not a whole lot to do when we cant get out of the house. We are in a small town house so it seems like we are always on top of one another and unless there is a min by min plan they get in trouble and fight which causes a lot of yelling on my part. So any thoughts would be awesome!
DD10,DD7,andDS 3

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 5:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• When my kids and I are stuck in the house sometimes we have movie day or an indoor picnic and movie..I make lunch and spread a blanket out on the floor, then we eat and watch a movie. We also have quiet time for about 45 min when the kids read, draw, listen to music quietly, or write..when they were little we would have a safari hunt..I would hide their stuffed animals around the house and then we would go hunting for them. I have also gotten out big pieces of paper and drawn all over them. One time when we were redoing the kitchen we painted the wall with a volcano and dinosaurs..the kids had so much fun doing that and still remember..we also cook. I know in the summer it is hot, although we make funky kinds of jello and homemade ice cream.

Good Luck and have fun!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I used to live in a place where it was crazy hot so I would take my daughter to a fast food place with the indoor play areas. We would usually eat at home before we went then we would just get a soda or icecream when we got there so we were still buying something and I would take a book and let her play for hours.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 5:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Make forts, do crafts, watch movies, color
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• funny.... Im in so. cal. and it NEVER would have occurred to me that you would need indoor summer activities.

Anonymous