What age was your son when he got his first haircut?

Mine is only a week old so I won't be giving him a haircut anytime soon lol...but I was just wondering what age haircuts start...my 4 yr old daughter has still never had her hair cut lol so this is new territory for me and I want to be prepared lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 15 months and still has not had one. I can't do it yet. It is so cute all shaggy and I am just not ready.
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 5:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My first had his at 2½ months old.
    My second is 6½ months and has needed on for oh probably 4 months. lol

BUT my kids were both born with full heads of THICK blonde hair. I will be taking Karston (boy 2) to trim around the ears and the front within the next week. The back and sides have worn down a bit like all babies' hair seems to do but the top and above the ears is RIDICULOUSLY long.

Kaden (boy 1) has to have a haircut every couple weeks to keep it nice and clean. His hair is thick and grows like CRAZY!
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My sweet boy has beautiful curly hair. By one he needed a haircut.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My son is one of those super fine haired kids...sorry baby....so he got his first "haircut" about 18 months. (it was really just a trim b/c he started to look like a girl)
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 5:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• DS hasn't had a real haircut yet (he's 4). I have only trimmed his hair b/c it grows super fast. I just can't bring myself to have it all cut yet. Besides he hates having his hair cut and barely tolerates me trimming it.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 6:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• He was 2 1/2
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My son was bald until he wasa year... he got his first haircut (trim) when he was 2 1/2...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• DS1 was around 2 years old. DS2 is almost 9 months and hasn't had it done yet and I don't plan on it anytime soon.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2011