Castor oil and 41 weeks

has anyone use it and had good results? I understand castor oil so please know that. I've talked to my midwife as well. A couple of last minute questions tho for those it has worked for. I'm 1cm, 50% effaced. Babies head is still -2/-3. Do you need to lose your mucus plug before trying castor oil? I've been having bh contractions for the last 6 weeks... Good tips and no negative answers please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honestly I tried it in the same situation you are in and all it did was make me feel like crap (no pun intended lol). I pooped like crazy and had no baby.

Answer by gemgem at 5:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I never tried it but if you're only 1 and baby is still -2/-3, I doubt it will work.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My mom did it with me and she said she was in miserable pain, much worse than labor pain. She was so dehydrated and exhausted that it was dangerous for her to deliver naturally and ended up doing an emergency csection. She has said multiple times that it was one of the dumbest things she's ever done. (I'm not calling anyone dumb, just quoting her words).
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011