Friend was told girl at 15 weeks and just found out today that she's having a boy... this happen to you?

Now im nervous cause I was told boy at 15 weeks.

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 5:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 15 weeks is really just early to determine the sex of the child accurately. I was told at 25-26 weeks that we were expecting a boy, and then about two months later they said it was a girl! So, after already having our baby shower... we had to frantically get everything replaced to suit a girl.

This is why, if I EVER get pregnant again, I am not having a shower or purchasing anything until 100% without a doubt I see little boy or girl parts on the monitor... and I am much further along.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Not me but my dh. His first child he was told was a girl. She went into early labor and he was born a boy. Unfortunately he passed away but I do hear it is not common to make that mistake.

Answer by gemgem at 5:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• that's so early.. I would wait until the 20 weeks when they really can tell.. I didn't realize so many Dr's were telling earlier than that.. I had always heard and was told no sooner than 20 weeks and my son is only 3 so it hasn't been that long.. good luck!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I hear it is more common to mistake a girl for a boy. Whatcha think?
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No me personally. My best friend was told she was having a girl at 20 weeks. She had a boy at birth!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 5:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I had good friends who were told that they were having a girl but they had a boy. All the pink stuff had to go back :)
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Raz... geez, 25-26 weeks is late. That is usually late enough to tell accurately. That must have been so frustrating! I have another ultrasound schedule tomorrow. Crossing my fingers they say boy again cause I have 2 girls.
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't believe it until 20 weeks. If I had an ultrasound at 15 and they said "girl" I would look at is as more likely to be a girl
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yeap, was very irritating lol.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011