Do you ever pretend that your kids aren't yours while you are out?

let's say you are at a store, a big one like Fred Meyer (Krogers), Wal-mart etc, and they are just acting terrible..... they are screaming mommy, have you ever just looked around like you were trying to see what child was screaming and pretend that it's not your child?

nybor48

Asked by nybor48 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• no but my friend's daughter used to embarrass me in the store when she was about 10. She would call me mommy and when i said i am not your mom she would act like she was upset and start saying stuff like mommy why are you denying me.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No lol. My kids have never acted THAT bad in public thank God.

Answer by gemgem at 5:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No---NEVER! They were all so cute and well-behaved (Most of the time LOL ) and I was always proud of them. People used to make a point of telling me how cheerful and calm they were . They knew from a young age that if they put up a fuss, we would go home immediately . I always followed through and was consistent .This worked when we went shopping or out to eat. I didn't take them shopping with me very often and if possible they stayed home with Daddy... but if I did, I made sure it was right after they had a nap and that they were not hungry---so they were happy.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• lol.. Not yet..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No. What the hell? Who does that?

Maybe that's why the kids are acting terrible.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No. It's not that embarrassing to me lol I think they're just ridiculous. Oh, you wanted those...nope not anymore! lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 6:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• That's a funny thought, and I might be tempted . . LOL!

But, no. I take the repsonsibility.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Ha ya lol but its only when they are going mommy I want this mommy I want that. But I have never walked away, me and my dh just say little joking comments back in forth with one another.
    thangelbabybug

Answer by thangelbabybug at 6:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• no! thats awful
    Pheen5

Answer by Pheen5 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I might do it as a joke, but only for a couple seconds. Probably give myself a good chuckle, no one else would think it's funny, and then i'd try to calm him down. If that doesn't work, out the door we'd go. So far he's pretty good, but he's only 1. I just have to make sure the cart isn't too close to the shelves or he'll knock over anything he can reach. Or recently, he threw his cuppy and it rolled under the shelf, so there I am with my face on the nasty floor because of course it's at the farthest point possible. Geesh!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2011