Are spells real?

It has always interested me but never looked into it. I seen someone doing spells for weight loss and just wondered how that worked.

tgeary

Asked by tgeary at 6:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Doing spells is not evil and that is an assumption made only by lack of knowledge. Spells are no different than your prayers you ask your god. Educate yourself before you make assumptions please.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yes they are real but not like you see on television. Its all about energy and elements.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Spells, Magick is about using the energy in and around us to create change. Its not like on tv or the movies and it doesnt work by wishing something or lighting and candle and saying something and POOF ___ has been changed or weight has been lost,etc(although that would be lovely).

Its about putting out into the universe your desires and your wishes and letting the Divine know your plan and desires and then you going out and doing your darndest to create that change. The Divine can give you a boost of strength but the work involved in making changes comes from within us.

I cant say the Divine doesnt help in other ways cuz sometimes I think something happens or someone comes along in a way that helps us get to our goal BUT we must do our part not just sit back on our honches and wait. Like when DH and I asked for help finding work...DH went out and looked hard everyday til he got something. Didnt just wait for a call.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• eek! I just read my reply and how rude of me!

Don't worry - your reply was fine. The one about "good and true" on the other hand...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• " if you so choose to open that door. I do not recommend it however you have free will, free choice. "

It's the same exact door that prayer opens. I'm surprised that people are so adamant about their prayers being said, yet can't respect someone using that same energy in a different form.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:18 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Not like you're thinking. They're about as real as prayer or "positive" thinking which is essentially about changing your outlook and finding the motivation to do things differently. So in your case the only spells you could do would be to increase focus, motivation, and "strength" to do the right thing in regards to your personal health to help you get fit. Such as eating right, and being motivated to maintian healthy eating habits, and excercising and encouragement and motivation to keep at it. It's not like you can do a spell or pray to drop 30 pounds in a week. Things just don't work like that.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• The only difference between spells and prayers are the target audience. Believe in both or neither as it suits you.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I believe in the power of prayer and the power of positive thinking so I would think spells are kinda a combo of both- I would imagine its like prayer- depends on what you are looking for-why not-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It's the same exact door that prayer opens. I'm surprised that people are so adamant about their prayers being said, yet can't respect someone using that same energy in a different form. [sahmama]

It doesn't surprise me because it's what they have been taught but it does sadden me. That is one of the perceptions I do my best to correct in real life. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes, of course spells are real. But you aren't going to shoot lightening out of your fingers or anything... Spellwork, or any Magick Practice really, is the practice of focusing energy in to a purpose in order to create change.

Here are a few of my posts which may help you to better understand the use of Magick and how it works...
    Prayer vs Magick
    The Science of Magick

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011