Girl Scouts???

My daughter is 4yrs old will turn 5 in December she is wanting to be in girl scouts the question is do any of you moms have your dd in girl scouts? and what do you like about it???

babycakeschris

Asked by babycakeschris at 6:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not anymore, but my oldest was a girlscout forever. She started at around 5 and didnt stop until she was around 13 or so? I liked it gave her something to do. She loved going and doing things with the other girls. I didnt like selling cookies much but it was alright. Now it is just not my thing or my youngest dd's thing so we dont do it. My youngest dd is 6 now and much more into physical sports. She does cheerleading, dance and gymnastics.

Answer by gemgem at 6:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My older 2 girls did GS for a couple years. You have to be in kindergarten and 5 to be a Daisy scout. How good the troop is depends on the leader.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I've been a GirlScout leader for over 20 yrs. All of my girls have been in it since Kindergarten. A girl must be in Kindergarten to join. I think it is a very good organization. The girls learn life skills. They get to go on awesome trips. And they make lifelong friends. I would highly recommend it.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2011