When Is Enough Enough?

So far this year:

1. I have adopted 3 families for Christmas

2. I give a % of my paycheck every week to the United Way

3. I started a campaign to get people to donate presents for teens ( they are usually ignored over the holidays)

4. I dontated to Toys For Tots

All of this is through my work...so now I get an email begging me to give money to a nursing home for an Adopt-A-Grandparent program.

How much is enough? AHHHHHH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• When you stop donating. Your family comes first. Sometimes you have to put your foot down with a FIRM NO.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No one said you had to donate to every cause that came your way..
    Anonymous

• That's waaaaay more than I've done or am going to do. I don't give to charities...i think I need to pay off my debts before I do that
    Anonymous

• I know I don't need to donate it is just that they make you feel really guilty if you don't.
    Anonymous

• Iused to have the feeling of guilt, but once I told them I can't afford it with a serious tone, they stopped asking.
    Anonymous

• Nobody can make you feel guilty if you don't let them. Just say thanks, but I'm already giving to several causes this season.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You may get the email but you dont have to donate. I think you have done more than enough I think what all you have done is amazing. I hope your holidays are the best you have ever had.
    Thank you for donating my husband and I are army and we are thanked all the time but i dont really see why. Its his job he joined for our family not for others so it was selfish. Yet you did all that because you wanted to you didnt have to no one is telling you that if you dont help your goign to jail or something. So....
    Thank you very much you sound like a sweet helpful women.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 5:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• By your writing this question, I would think it’s enough. But Adopting a Grandparent would be nice. Even just to give them a lap blanket or sweater to wear. Seniors are always cold in those facilities.
    Anonymous

• Way back before I had a lot of hardships, I gave a lot of charities my time and money. I would constantly get calls and be badgered for money. I finally started telling them all that my donation go through a certain volunteer agency. If they would like a donation then they would have to contact that organization. Eventually most of them stopped calling.

It's very hard to say no. But remember, you can't be mad at the people for trying. They have to contact as many people as possible because it's their job.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008