Did supporters of ObamaCare expect this?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/07/1-in-3-employers-will-drop-health-benefits-after-obamacare-fully-kicks-in/

I thought the whole point of ObamaCare was to have everyone have health insurance.  If one in three employers are going to drop health care coverage, where are the people who have been dropped going to get their insurance from?

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 6:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Fox News does not always equal accurate news.

Obamacare or not, many companies will be tempted to drop insurance or increase the employee contribution.

It is just way too expensive . . for company or individual.

Small companies are already starting to be known for passing the whole expense to the employee . . . they cannot afford to contribute more.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I posted about this a couple days ago. Ostrich syndrome is used on this one
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

it equals more accurate news that the others

http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-healthcare-employer-20110607,0,3210281.story?track=rss

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/07/us-health-benefits-idUSTRE7564VR20110607
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• We tried to tell them this would happen and were accused of being alarmists. Don't you know, Obama said if we were happy we could keep our coverage and our drs. Yeah, that was never the objective. The plan was to force people into a single payer plan from the beginning.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 6:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• IMO this was part of the plan...to get us to a single payer system. Won't ya'll be excited to have something like the VA has!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• A friend of mine who is also a liberal said, "Pretty soon we'll all be able to have the same plan that [my DH] has."

There's one problem with that statement: It's not true. My DH is a federal worker, and we do have decent health benefits. However, federal employees have about six choices of health care plans--we have a PPO. That is NOT the same as the ObamaCare being touted.
    tinamatt

Comment by tinamatt (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• This is ONE of the reasons why I would never support ObamaCare!!

Unfortunately, the bill contained too many pages for his supporters to sift through...it sounded great though!! (And that's all they have ever cared about!!)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

IMO~That's why some of the usual more outspoken liberal progressives on here are quiet... They want to see our nation go broke over single payer.... Ignorance+Lack of Long Term Logical Analysis=LIberal Progressives.... Ohh wait, they will just keep taxing the rich till they have taken 90% of one's earnings.. Err, wait 95%, now?... Then what will they do???   

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Not unexpected AT ALL; we were talking about this more than a year ago. It's cheaper for employers to pay the penalties. My part-time employer ranted and raged against Obamacare on the air for months before it passed. But when they figured out the new bottom line when they pay penalties instead of premiums? They stopped complaining altogether. For them, it's a GREAT business deal.

I've worked for employers who offered NO health care, and I've worked for employers who would LOVE to offer no health care if they thought they could still keep their workers. What I have NEVER worked for was an employer who offered a plan I actually LIKED... it's always been a "least of evils" choice.

Anyone who is surprised by that study hasn't paid attention to businesses. NO surprises there. Actually, there is one... I would have expected two out of three employers to drop coverage.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:15 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

•   "Ohh wait, they will just keep taxing the rich till they have taken 90% of one's earnings.. Err, wait 95%, now?... Then what will they do???"   Answer by grlygrlz2

Take until there is nothing left, they are only concerned with taking care of their Elite club, to hell with the rest of us!

"I would have expected two out of three employers to drop coverage." Answer by gdiamante

Sadly, there is plenty of time yet, for this to materialize...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2011