What do you do when you have a migrain ?

I get magrains latley when I start my menstrual like a week before ,,,, what pain medicine do some of you use whats best for migrains or is it different I have tried everything

barrerajuls

Asked by barrerajuls at 6:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Health

• Too much caffeine can cause migraines, however, a little caffeine can relieve them. Try Excedrin migraine, my mom gets migraines a lot and she said this works well. Also, keep well hydrated, drink lots of water :)
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 6:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• sleep and sumatripton.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 6:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I used to take Excedrin migraine and then immediately go to bed. Have you seen a doctor about your migraines? I now take medicine daily so that I don't get them anymore. Now I maybe get one migraine a month and they are nothing like I used to get.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 6:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• over the counter =excederin (sp?) for migraines
    rx= treximent (again sp?)
    fill knit cap with ice, go in dark room and pray for sleep
    prevent = No LAKE dyes!!!

took out of my diet (red 40 the worst) and had no migraines for five months, did experiment and eat a whole bunch of food with this artifical food dye (red 40) and i got a 2 and a half day headache

NO L A K E dyes !!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I kinda might b able to help?? 1st I would like to know what a "lake dye" is ?? 2nd & I haven't tried myself but getting mint leafs & put them in a regulare ice tray & make ice cubes. Then put them right under ur eyes?? Not sure if it works but I have tried EVERYTHING up there. Not sure about the lake dye thing kind of interested in finding out. Good luck & if you find something please share!
    KrisieK

Answer by KrisieK at 6:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• quickly take something as soon as I see the motion starting in my eye, aspirin works well for me normally, then I go into a dark room put something over my eyes if its not dark enough and sit in the quiet until the patterns in my eyes leaves, then I can normally get up but dont feel good for the next day or so................thank goodness I learned how to manage mine and I only get them every 3rd cycle or so, if I dont get the medicine in me I know I will be throwing up and in excrusiating pain!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have an emergency script for Fiorinal . . .just the regular one wothout codiene.

But, lately, I have found that taking one Tylenol, one Advil and a cup of coffee completely takes the migraine away . . . much better than the script I have.

All of the Maxalt, Imitrex class drugs make my pain worse and make it hard for me to breathe, so I won't try anything else in that class.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Super duper strong coffee, 3 Advil, and a glass of water.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• put cold wet rag on head
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have prescription medicine that I take the OTC medicine doesn't help; also I go into a dark quiet room and lay down, put a facial mask on and meditate for a while
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011