What do you think about the Salvation's Army Captain issue about Marriage?

There is an problem with the captain wanting to get married with his fiancee because she is not a fellow officer which is stated in their rules. But he wants to change it because earlier this year he lost his wife and wants to get remarried again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• She can always become commissioned too and become on officer. He may have to lower his ranking...I'm not quite sure how that works. But if they allow this....there are many other former officers that should be able to come back into the Salvation Army too...because they left their officership when they married.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Well, I'm not familiar with the rules or the situation, but i think you should be able to marry who ever you wand when you want. Just because of a rank of somekind seems stupid to me
    Anonymous

• I don't have a well thought out opinion because I admit I have no idea about the military rules of dating and marriage with other military persons. But off the top of my head I do know that many employeers have rules about dating and marriage between other employees. So if you know the rules ahead of time then you have to make choices within the setting you are in. They may not be fair or right but you did know or should have known. So in this situation I think that they may have to wait until one can leave the military or one has a different rank which allows for that to happen. But again, I admit to not understanding the military policies.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It's all completely ridiculous about the "Rules".
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 5:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• This isn't U.S. Military, it is an organized religion.

I don't get why if his wife died this year he wants to marry so quickly. Maybe it's a good thing he can't marry her now.

Personally I think the only thing he would gain from getting married so soon is someone to take care of him ie; laundry, cooking, sex... I don't think it has to do with "love".
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 6:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2008