Whats your favorite potluck dish.... recipes please?

Mommy_Aiken

Asked by Mommy_Aiken at 6:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Chicken Pot Pie

the dough: 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of salt, 3/4 cup cold shortening, and 6 table spoons of ice water

Mix the water, salt and shortening till it's crumbly then add the ice water one table spoon until you are able to form it into a ball. Put the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes

While it's chilling:
    Cut up some boneless skinless chicken and saute with mixed veggies (i use the frozen kind)
    Add seasoning of your choice and the large can of cream of mushroom soup (mix all together)

Divide dough in two separate pieces roll out into a circle and put in pie plate
    Put filling int he pie crust
    Roll out the other ball into a circle and put on top.
    Pinch the ends around the pie togeter
    Bake for 20-30 min on 350 degrees

lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My dad is out of town and I am house sitting for him. I just grabbed one of his cookbooks called Potluck Suppers. If there is something specific you are looking for I may be able to find it. I found a bunch I want to try
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 6:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I want to find that famous personal dish that everyone looks for to get some and is disappointed when it runs out or don't come.... I want the wow yummy factor
    Mommy_Aiken

Comment by Mommy_Aiken (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Someone on my Dads side of the family makes amazing homemade scalloped potatoes. I do not have the recipe but that is one that everyone is disappointed if it's gone by the time they get to it
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 7:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Taco salad - one head lettuce, 1 lb cooled, browned ground beef/turkey or grilled chicken strips, 1 crate cherry tomatoes, 1 bunch scallions, 1 bag shred cheese, 1 bag tortilla chips or Doritos, 1 bottle Western dressing, 1 packet taco season (or make your own). Prep all the ingredients in advance: brown the meat and prepare with the taco seasoning, quarter the tomatoes, chop the scallions, shred the lettuce, crush the tortilla chips. Then arrange it in layers, 1/3 of each ingredient: lettuce, tomato, scallion, meat, cheese, chips, dressing. Mix together, then do a second layer. Continue until it's thoroughly mixed. Optional - add black olive slices and a dab of sour cream on top in random places. Also optional - add jalepenos throughout (we never do because there's always going to be kids eating it).

This makes a huge salad (fills a Tupperware Fix n Mix). It's better if you can assemble an hour in advance & chil
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2011