which one do YOU think is cheaper??

Aldi's or generic brand.. (walmart or meijer) Or do you think its the same?
I think its just as cheap to shop at walmart or meijer and buy generic... that way you can buy meats and other stuff you need from there also.
While i do think Aldis is cheaper on some stuff...
what do you think?
(i'm going grocery shopping in a little bit!)

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I love me some Aldi. In my part of town it's most definitely cheaper than Wal-Mart.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• In my area Walmart is the cheapest, but generic alot of the time is the exact same as name brand. There are a few things though that the name Brand is better. Its all a matter of opinion.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I like aldis sometimes. I dont get my meats from walmart because I think its a little more expensive then our local food smart. I usually go to walmart for only certain things, then food smart for most of the groceries.

Answer by gemgem at 3:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We just got a new Save A Lot. I like it for it's fresh meats however Aldi's is cheaper. We don't have a Super Walmart so I'd have to say Aldi's is the cheapest but if you like fresh meats you should get them at Save A Lot.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Walmart can be pretty cheap on some things but I do prefer Aldi's.
    lilmom0417

Answer by lilmom0417 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Aldi's is cheaper with alot of things, but my family doesn't like the quality. Their products have lots of sugar and chemicals in them. My kids don't like their food.

The only thing that is good is their fresh fruits and veggies.
    sew4heaven

Answer by sew4heaven at 10:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We go to aldi's and our aldi's sell's fresh meat as well. Not like it has the meat counter guy there like walmart, but it's the fresh, refrigerated meat, but you have to shop fairly early threw the day, cause if you wait until about a half hour before they close ( i have a bad habit of that) then the refrigerated meat is almost always sold out. But we normally but frozen meat anyways. We only buy food from Walmart when we have to go to walmart anyways for other things, and have very few food items to get. It just saves gas that way. Or if we really need something and aldi's is close.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008