Yesterday one of my friends got a new hair dew but it looks horrible!!!!

I don't know what to say and I don't want to be mean. I want to tell her the positive thing about it. So.... what should I say!?

userpanda1

Asked by userpanda1 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Just don't say anything unless she asks . . . then be honest, nicely. If you can't count on a good friend to be gently honest, then what is the point?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Comment on the positive. If she is happy about it, let it be. But if she says she is undecided if she likes it, etc then be gently honest
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Nicely say "it's not the most flattering cut you've ever had"
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• thank you so much for the advice
    userpanda1

Comment by userpanda1 (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Just don't say any thing about it. Unless it is really really bad, then you should tell her.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 3:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If she loves it I wouldn't say anything. If she is wishy washy on it find a magazine and say something you would think that would look a bit better....like oh do you think that hair style or color would look good on you? It would be subtle without hurting her feelings. I got my hair dyed once and I thought it looked like I was going gray the way she did it and my mom saw it and honestly thought I was wearing a wig screwing around like I always do I am sooooooo glad she said something I paid 100 dollars which is a LOT for me to get it done and glad my mom spoke up.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 12:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It depends on your friends personality and how they take 'criticism' ... If they are the more blunt type it's easier to say "Do you like it?" then go from there ... But if they're SUPER sensitive - I'd just either not acknowledge the new 'do, or I'd change the subject fast if they bring it up "Did you notice I got my hair cut?" "Oh YEAH! Hey, where do you get yours done? ... I've been thinking about trying _____ salon"
    MariposaKsr

Answer by MariposaKsr at 2:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Just don't say anything unless she asks . . . then be honest, nicely
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2011