Stressed out beyond belief!

So i was in a car accident over the weekend, my car was hit by a drunk driver who stole the vehicle. Well since I only had liability my insurance wont cover anything and since the other vehicle was stolen the insurance coverage on that car wont cover anything either so i am stuck walking my kids to and from school and walking to all other appts in 90 degree weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sooooooo upset and stressed out because i have no money for another vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mommi2four2011

Asked by Mommi2four2011 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Travel

• First, I'm glad you're okay and sorry that happened to you. If there is no other way I would consider suing the driver of the other vehicle. I hope everything works out for you.
    Cynthia525

Answer by Cynthia525 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Take a breath. I know things are real hard right now. Think of it as extra time u get to spend connecting with ur kids and ur helping ur family stay healthy but remember to stay hydrated.
    fancypantswife

Answer by fancypantswife at 7:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I am going to file a law suit against the driver but he was only 19 years old and lives with his dad so im sure I am not going to get anything :(
    Mommi2four2011

Comment by Mommi2four2011 (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Im so sorry to hear about that. I hope u find a way ti get out if this mess. I hate when stupid people do that. U should fight n tell them ur situation.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 7:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yes but enough ti buy a used ca er. I bought my 94 nissan quest in $1,500. It runs great. They should considerate it. Ti help u out. If he was stupid enough to drink n drive, he can at least b smartenough to help some one innocent like u.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 7:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Proceed with the lawsuit, 19 yo men win the lottery every day. A judgement will go against any future wages or inheritance, tax refunds, etc.

Glad that everyone is OK! Keep it in perspective, it's still just stuff! I know my friends would be lining up to drive me around if I lost my car.

Lastly, save up to fix the car, try to find a mechanic who will work with you. You just never know, there are good people out there! Thank goodness for the liability, if someone had been hurt, you would have needed that! Summer will be over soon, right? It has to cool off by October....
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• just like child spt, u will eventually get your money. i agree with the other post about looking into used cars. also try craigslist for an inexpensive but good affordable vehicle.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i would love to fix my vehicle but it was deemed already a complete loss.......
    Mommi2four2011

Comment by Mommi2four2011 (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would advise against filing a lawsuit against the 19 yo. I doubt he has any assets.

Next time you purchase car insurance, buy full coverage including underinsured drivers ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• This is exactly why I keep full coverage ins on my vehicles even after they are paid for. I cannot afford to be on foot and bad things DO happen every day. Same with Life Ins and Health Ins. I'm sorry that happened to you. That is a rough spot to be in for sure.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2011