DNC chair (Debbie Wasserman Schultz) plays the race card!

"[I]f you go back to the year 2000, when we had an obvious disaster and - and saw that our voting process needed refinement, and we did that in the America Votes Act and made sure that we could iron out those kinks, now you have the Republicans, who want to literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws and literally - and very transparently - block access to the polls to voters who are more likely to vote Democratic candidates than Republican candidates. And it's nothing short of that blatant," DNC Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (FL) told TVOne's "Washington Week."

Link

I'm actually kind of glad she's the chair for the DNC. She is great comic relief! And no, republicans don't want to go back, they want to make sure it's fair for everyone. That no one votes twice, that dead people stay dead and don't vote, that you can't vote by absentee ballot and then again in person.

I see absolutely no reason that people shouldn't have to show a photo ID and sign a register book like we do in KY before voting.

Your thoughts?

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 7:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• What an idiot. But she is a fine example of the mental deficiencies of the left.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• When you've "got nothin'" play the race card!! LOL FAIL!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yeah, I'm in KY too. I always have to show ID and sign the book. It's not that hard.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I think we should have to show an ID card . ONE vote per person. Makes sense to me.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Their hero, Alinsky, keeps them all headed in the Marxist direction...

I agree OP! Carpy and LoriK, ✔ & ✔
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Is her hair curled too tight? Is she on drugs? She keeps saying the stupidest things.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• How often does voting fraud actually occur? You guys act like there are millions of democrats running around, foaming at the mouth to steal your votes.

The only reason to require ID is to disenfranchise. Poor people are more likely to vote democratic and less likely to have ID.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Wow... Just when you thought NO ONE could be worse than Pelosi, Rengal, Reid, Hank Johnson or Eddie Bernice Johnson and others...... Enter Wasserman Shulz... AS THE DNC Chair.... TOO FUNNY!!!!!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I hate to break it to her, but we, in IN, have the strictest voter ID law in the country. It's already been challenged all the way to the SCOTUS, and upheld. Despite multiple left-wing lobby groups, and the DNC itself, trying desperately to find ANYONE who will stand up and testify that they were unable to vote because of the law, they have yet to find a single person through mutliple primaries and general elections across the state. That includes going door to door in low income neighborhoods and asking churches and charities to look on their behalf.

If you can't even find someone willing to LIE about being disenfranchised, why keep using the argument?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• The only reason to require ID is to disenfranchise. - WRONG, the only reason NOT to require ID is to promote fraudulent voting.

Poor people are more likely to vote democratic and less likely to have ID. - Very few people don't have IDs nowadays. You need them for most everything. I would imagine you would need some form of ID to apply for FS or welfare, and if not, you should.
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2011